Friday, February 20, 2009

Nothing Going On

Been a slow and quiet week. Nothing really happening which is not a good thing for me... It's been chilly out and windy the past couple of days. My aluminum foil anti-squirrel tree wrap blew all over the 'hood so I had to go fetch that. It did deter the squirrels but it is obviously not the long term solution. I am on to the right concept though by puttting something on the tree to stop them from leaping off. I am thinking of a piece of flexible plastic that I can spray with WD40. That will stay longer and is cheap.

We have caught up on a few shows we got behind on: Lost, Fringe, Psych, etc. The son of a friend of ours challenged me to a game of one on one after church Wednesday night. Of course I am about 3 times his age, didn't have any of my basketball stuff on, I am not a one on one player, etc. excuse etc. Needless to say he thrashed me 9-1 and my one point was a lucky shot. I live and die by my outside shot and that night I died. Last night at my normal hoops night though I played really well. It was one of those nights where the ball bounced my way most times, my outside shot was hitting, and I even did a once in a lifetime double pump in the air that got the defender off his feet and let me score! Of course the Wednesday night crowd that saw me get humiliated didn't get to see that...!

The dryer is still operational so that is good. Monday, for lack of anything better to do, I went to the church and helped make candy for the annual Easter sale. I was the white chocolate stirrer. And that is not a racial statement... ha ha

Lucie has a friend coming over today to scrap. Looks like a slow weekend. Elliott's basketball team has a pizza party on Saturday. I coordinated with the other team parents to get the coaches gift certificates to Applebee's. Elliott thought about playing lacrosse this spring but there is no city league. There is a travel team but it is expensive and involves a lot of travel (oddly enough!) and seems to be made up of experienced players. We opted out of that. On Monday I am going to get my root canaled crowned. Finally.

Seems like all of my job leads have dried up again. Of course in 30 seconds another could open right up. God is still providing and as I told a friend of mine, we don't need jobs, we need God to provide. Of course a job sure makes things easier... ha ha. But with the lack of leads, I am back to considering other options. Keep me in prayer.

No comments: