Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Which Way Is The Right Way?


I am usually pretty light and fluffy on here writing goofy things that I and the family are up to, but for the past week or so, I have been wrestling with a decision. I will just throw this out - not looking for feedback but just to share what is going on in my head. If it seems that the ONLY decision to be made is a wrong one, does that make it the right one? I am not going into details but it is work related. When the only option seems to be the wrong one, how can I choose not to take it? What ever happened to the gold ol' days of the burning bushes?

So moving on... Elliott had another game last night. They really could have beat this team but again, everyone on his team had an off shooting night and they lost 25-39. They were only down by 7 at the half but were outscored 6 to 15 in the third quarter. They played better in the fourth but it was too late by then. They were taking good shots and the right shots, but they just wouldn't drop. That is so frustrating. Worse than getting beat by a better team. But Elliott really hustled and made up for the poor shooting by rebounding and assisting. Larry Bird would have been proud!

It was a year ago today that we and about 30 of our church friends were on a boat headed to the Eastern Caribbean!

And to end on a funny note: Yesterday Jasmine the golden retriever flipped her ball into the pool. It has a cover on it but due to the little ice and snow we have, it has depressed the middle so the cover is sagging in like a saucer. I walked out on it (the ad shows an elephant standing on it so I figured I had a 50-50 chance of it supporting me!) but it was icy and I slipped and slid my way down and fell in the middle! I popped up with the ball in hand but then had a heck of a time getting back up to the edge! So now there is a big disturbed area in the middle of the pool cover to mark my escapade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may know how you feel. Being torn two ways. My situation is similar. I'm torn one way, which is the "safe" way but it's not doing what I want and I'm not learning anything new and the other way is very unconventional and seemingly out of the blue but after praying about it for months, I feel it's the right thing to do. Feel free to email if you want to talk more about it.