Friday, February 6, 2009

Breakout Game

It was Elliott's last regular season basketball game last night and he had a breakout game - 10 points on 5 for 8 shooting! His team won 34-25 and ended the season 2-10. Both wins were over the same team - the team they play in the first round of the tournament this weekend! So they might make it to the second round. Elliott didn't really do anything different except his shots finally went in. So it was a good night. He ended the regular season averaging over 5 points a game on 30% shooting. 5 points a game is good considering his team averaged 25 points per game so he contributed his "share."

Some of it must have rubbed off on me. I had a better night at my basketball games last night. Kind of slow though - it seemed like my feet were 5 seconds behind the rest of me. But it was a good night.

Been quiet the past few days. The birds and squirrels have been enjoying the birdfeeder. We have all sorts of birds out there including a woodpecker the other day. One acrobatic squirrel managed to stretch from the tree to the feeder so I had to put a longer arm on it. That took care of that. It has been very cold lately with a little snow cover.

No real updates on my dilemma. Been getting some good advice and I am encouraged about a possible development. It would work out fantastically well but I refuse to get my hopes up.

Ashleigh is home sick with a fever today. Tomorrow we are going to our Pastor's daughter's wedding about an hour from here in Amish country.

No comments: