Friday, March 20, 2009

Creepiness And A Crown

If you have ever seen the old movie, "Burnt Offerings," then the smiling gentleman to the left should conjure up a creepy feeling. It was made in 1979 and it scared me then when I saw it. I was VERY young then (ha ha)! I saw it was on TV the other night - uncut with no commercials - so I recorded it. I told Elliott about it and he sat down to watch a few minutes of it and got hooked. He had to pull out the "scary pillow" - he holds it in front of his face and peers around it during scary movie scenes! ha ha It is just an old creepy movie about a family that moves into an old house for the summer and the strange things that happen. It is similar to "The Shining."

When they put my temporary crown on my tooth a few weeks ago, they left a gap the size of the Grand Canyon between it and the tooth behind it. So every bite of every thing I ate wound up getting compressed in the gorge. I was flossing the other night and flossed that crown right off! Who would have guessed I would ever be accused of over-flossing?! I stopped by the dentist and they were kind enough to glue it back in and put some "caulk" in the gap with no charge. Feels good now. I go back for the permanent one in April but I don't think they will be so generous then.

It rained lightly and steadily today - perfect for my yard and my new seeding. After basketball tonight, I turned the pool light on and walked on the cover. The cover is porous and with the light on, I can see through it. I walked all over and the pool looked intact - no leaks. I think it will be fine.

Speaking of basketball, my team lost every single game tonight except the last one! I am glad we pulled that off. We started every game strong but then fell apart. It was good exercise at least. I caught an elbow in the jaw causing me to bite my tongue with my molars. That got my attention but I survived.

No comments: