Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Ell Bling

Above are two more awards for Elliott's pinewood derby car that he won in the regional competition. He won first place in his age division (the back of that medal says, "Pinewood Derby First Place Best Looking Car" and 2nd place overall. Not bad! And I didn't know any of the judges there! He is already thinking of what to design next year.

Friday night we stayed home and watched "Eagle Eye" on DVD. Pretty good movie. On Saturday Elliott was at the regional pinewood derby competition and Ashleigh was at a lacrosse all day tournament so Lucie and I went to our friend's house to help them pack for their move at the end of the month. Lucie is an expert packer and is super efficient organizing things like that. I was just the muscle (barely!) and lugged furniture and boxes to the storage containers in the driveway. We made a big dent. They bought us our favorite sandwiches for lunch - turkey and stuffing and cranberry subs! Like Thanksgiving on a roll! Lucie left before me and took the car to pick up Ashleigh and get her lesson ready for Sunday. So I drove our friend's mom's car (and her) to my house and she was going to go home from there. We were discussing directions for her to get back to the main road from our house when I saw Ashleigh's boyfriend pulling out of the driveway. Eureka! He could lead her out I thought! So I pulled up behind him and started flashing my headlights and honking the horn. He got spooked and took off down the road! Of course he didn't recognize the car I was in. Finally he pulled over and told Ashleigh to duck down and rolled down the window. He still didn't recognize me at first because I had a hat on and it was dark! ha ha Oops! The whole thing only took 30 seconds and he lead the mom out fine.

Ashleigh's team did pretty well all day at the tournament. It was chilly and damp and it was like spring training - the coach worked different line-ups and plays. Ashleigh scored and the ref was impressed but they called it back due to someone being off-sides.

Today was another quiet day. After church and lunch, I took a nap and we laid low. After church tonight, I entered my picks in the church youth group NCAA basketball tournment bracket contest. I won it last year and even predicted the exact final score. So the reigning champion is back. We'll see how I do. I have no clue about any of the teams but just try to logically predict the outcomes.

No comments: