Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First Lacrosse Game of 2009


Ashleigh had her first varsity lacrosse game of the year. And it was wicked cold! Lucie and I had our winter coats on and Lucie had a blanket on with her hood tied tight under her chin! Brrrrr! We got chilled to the bone. It was sunny but a strong cold wind cut through. Ashleigh played well and started and had 3 shots on goal but her team lost 10-14. But 10 goals is great! That is more than last year's first four games combined! She could have won if her goalie was active in goal. The goalie just stood there like a cardboard cutout!

And it was so cold... (sounds like the beginning of late night joke!). But it was so cold out this morning that my garden hose froze. But that didn't stop me. I cranked the water right up to wet down the grass seed and managed to crack my sprinkler! So off to Home Depot for another one of those!

The wind managed to break my bird feeder hanger. So I rigged up some wire ties and a carabiner and now it clicks right in place.
All else is quiet.

No comments: