Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dog's Don't Talk To Each Other

Perhaps my dogs need to check this book out. This morning at around 3, I heard the beagle whining in our bathroom. So I got up to see what the problem was and there she was, standing in the shower stall! The big golden retriever was sprawled out in front of it (she often sleeps on the cool linoleum there) and apparently the beagle didn't want to step on her getting out of the shower. What she was doing in there in the first place... So I guided her out and went back to bed. About 30 seconds later, she was whining again! What?! So I got up and went back in the bathroom and realized that the beagle wanted to get to the water bowl I have for them in there but couldn't get around the golden! It's funny - not so much at 3 AM! So I moved the bowl out and all was fine.

Ashleigh made the varsity lacrosse team this year at high school. Last year she played both varsity and junior varsity but this year she is all varsity! She is pretty excited about that.

Today I decided to get serious with the lawn. Every spring the front yard comes in very nice and lush and full. But at the first hint of heat or drought, certain spots turn brown and don't come back till the next spring. So I usually throw some grass seed on those spots and fertilize and put down Grub-X but it happens every year. This year I raked out the whole front yard - especially the bad spots. I put down some contractors seed - that stuff seems to grow anywhere! I used to buy expensive seed and it never seems to last. But the stuff the construction guys throw down grows in no time! I bought 20, 40 lb. bags of top soil at Home Depot and spread that over the seed, and then some more seed on top of that! We'll see how that works out.

The water in the pool seems way down. I think it is just evaporation. We haven't had hardly any snow or rain this winter, and usually the pool freezes over which should slow the evaporation. But we didn't get the "arctic cover" this winter so I think it just dried out some. I put the hose in for a while today and will see what happens. I don't think there is a leak.

No comments: