Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Prototype


Above are the top secret images of Elliott's pinewood derby car for 2009. All his own design and creation (with the help of a friend who cut it out and Lucie who did some of the finish work). I had nothing to do with it - thus it looks pretty darn good! Actually, I did melt down some lead to attach to the bottom for weight/speed. Hard to believe that billiard table was once a block of wood. The race is Wednesday night. He is ready!

It was another warm, but windy day today. Did a lot of running around with Lucie getting snacks for the derby race night and took the kids shoe shopping at Kohls. And then the local grocery store had a super cereal sale so we loaded up on that.

Comcast notified me that the program they provided and I used to make the slideshows on my web page was being discontinued. To make matters worse, slideshows created using that software would be inaccessible! So I had to re-create them and set them to music and repost them. I used Google's Picassa program (free) and it came out fine. Pretty simple. Check 'em out. See the link at the top left of this blog.

Not much else happening. Ashleigh is having lacross practice every day after school now. My thumb continues to heal, and the garage door is working fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

before the race, you need to watch "Down & Derby". It's a cheesy family flick, but it's a funny story.