Sunday, December 23, 2007

Dog Day Afternoon

Saturday afternoon Elliott and I loaded up the dogs and took them to Petco to get their nails trimmed. We had to get their rabies vaccination information faxed to us and with that in hand, we headed out. Both dogs love to ride in the car and I spread an old blanket over my back seat to collect the hair. The beagle cried and whined the whole way - I guess she wanted to get out and run around. We got there and the Petco people trimmed their nails quickly. While we were there, another worker was brushing out a big dog. I asked her what she was using and it was a "rake." So after the nail trimming, Elliott and I went and bought ourselves a rake.

Petco is right next to a Dicks' Sporting Goods so we put the dogs in the car and went in and bought me some new knee supports. These ones were one step up from my other ones and had the knee holes in them. When we got back to the car, the blanket was no longer over the back seat and the golden retriever was in the driver's seat. We went home and I vacuumed out the car and Windex-ed the windows (to get the slobber off). While wearing my new knee supports.

Then I went to the backyard and raked out the golden retriever. That thing worked great. I should have made a commercial for it. I had clouds of hair swirling about me. The dog is a shadow of her former self. Next, it was doggie bath time. I line up a bunch of towels and throw on an old T-shirt and shorts. Ashleigh helped by aiming the hand-held shower head. Britni the beagle is an easy wash. She is in and out pretty quickly. When she gets out, she puts her head against the corner of the wall where it meets the carpet and rockets around the perimeter of the rooms. Pretty funny. Jasmine the golden retriever happily hops right into the tub. But she is so big and hairy, it is quite a job. Having raked out the hair made things much easier. So now the dogs are clean and smell good. For about another 2 days...

I then plopped on the couch for a while and affixed ice bags to my knees with Ace bandages. That really helped.

That night we went over to some friends and played games and ate dinner while the kids were at church youth group.

Saturday Lucie and I went out and did a little shopping in the mall area. Parking was tricky but there were no lines in the stores. I had to buy some more blank DVDs because my DVD burner apparently doesn't like the Sony brand. Which I have a whole spindle of. And which is now for sale. I bought a spindle of TDKs and all is good now. That night we had some friends over to have some ham from the Honey Baked ham my father sends us every year. More eating and games.

Today it is pretty foggy out and we have no real plans after church. The Patriots play at 4 at Miami. Miami is on a 1 game winning streak.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Knee Supports is that the cure for the male version of sagy boobs!