Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shawn Griswold

Clark's got nothing on me... Last night a big section of one of our net Christmas lights went out. That usually means a bulb is completely out of the socket. So I went out there in the freezing cold and checked it out. All seemed to be in place. I brought my bag of extra bulbs out and started replacing the burned out ones. I must have replaced over 30 of them stupid things. And they are the kind with the little locking flap piece that folds over to hold it in place. After a while, my fingers were so cold I couldn't open the flaps. So I got a butter knife and went to it. A couple of times the entire bulb and socket would go flying into the void when I popped the flap so I had to replace the whole thing. Which was probably better than trying to thread those tiny bulb wire 'legs' into the socket holes. After a while of that, the big section was still out. I grabbed a stool and another string of lights and went to pulling out every non-lit bulb and plugging it into the other string to see if it worked. They all did. Still a big section out. At that point I gave up. I brought the whole net inside this morning and will give it another shot before I go to Wal-Mart and invest $4 in a new set...

Meanwhile, the bulb in our lawn decoration present burned out. As I was unscrewing that, it exploded and was smoking. Cut my finger but I didn't feel it because by then, my fingers were nothing but frozen popsicles sticking out. Put another bulb in and that is working now.

Continuing the theme of frustrations, I went to the church to work on the wifi network there. After much ladder climbing and poking around, I found the main cable line to the access point had no signal. So that needs to be rectified.

But I did have a good experience buying something at Best Buy using their online process. Bought it on a wicked sale online, went to the counter, showed them my confirmation email, ID, and credit card and walked out with it about a minute later. Nice. I like having them pull it for me and having it ready when I get there.

Royal Caribbean got back to me yesterday that there will indeed be televisions on the cruise to show the Patriots win the Superbowl.

I have a couple of interesting job leads right now that I just sent my resume to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AHAH... i hate that when one bulb goes out the whole strand goes out! Usually, you can find the bulb missing or black, but i had a strand here at home where i couldn't find the bulb... It was freezing and i just cut my nails to short... long story short... my thumbs were bleeding! No one can say i didn't give all i got into christmas.