Friday, December 7, 2007

Not the Grand Prize Winner

I checked the mail yesterday and there was an official letter from a court regarding some sort of settlement. I figured this was how it was going to happen - suddenly out of nowhere I will come into a financial windfall and never have to work again. I guess I was half right - due to some credit card kookiness, we are due a $25 settlement. Yahoo. But I guess every bit counts. Now if I can just get a settlement like that every half hour, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, we will be OK...

As I continue my house cleaning/reorganization efforts, I came across a box of old comic books. I had catalogued them a while back so today I sent the spreadsheet to a local comic book store. I was already preparing my statement for the newspaper interview for finding a rare and much sought after comic. Then the comic book store wrote back and said there was nothing of interest and I should try and sell them on eBay. Foiled again.

Yesterday Lucie was off so after taking the kids to school, we did a little Christmas shopping (and I mean a little). We got home and walked by Elliott's room and decided we needed to do something about it. He has (had) junk piled everywhere, clothes everywhere, etc. etc. He didn't like sleeping on his bed frame so he has been sleeping for years on his mattress on the floor. We changed that. Went to the basement and brought up the wooden frame that matches his furniture and cleaned up a lot of stuff. And threw out a lot of stuff. Now he just has to maintain it. Ashleigh is next on the hit list.

We are due a little wintry weather today. The kids have church youth group tonight.

No comments: