Monday, December 10, 2007

Hale Christmas Family Photo

Here is an impromptu picture of the Hales at Christmas. I put a dot of black on Jasmine's eyes (the golden retriever) due to severe flash reflection.

Quiet day yesterday. We cashed in some more restaurant gift cards and went to lunch with some friends after church. That is the end of the cards so it looks like it will be meatloaf on Sunday afternoons for a while. Or Spam. Last night was the church choir concert, right in the middle of the Patriots game, so we raced to church, saw the concert, and raced home. I had recorded the game so we were able to watch it without the ending being ruined.

Speaking of the Patriots, I saw that this season's Super Bowl will be on the first day of our cruise. So I wrote to Royal Caribbean and asked if they were going to have onboard accomodations to see the game. I bet they do. That will be a Super Bowl to remember - the Patriots winning again and being able to see it at sea.

And now speaking of Royal Caribbean, yesterday they updated their web page and I was all excited to see that our $70 fuel surcharge had been refunded. So I spread the word among our cruise-mates. And of course a few hours later I check the page again and the refund is gone! Dang it. I had already picked out my RC bathrobe to spend the refund on.

Going to do some more leaf sucking today. I can't believe they are still coming down. The wet snow must have weighed them down a bit and made more fall. I am going to re-do our upstairs pantry too and move some of the stuff we seldom use (Jello mixes, etc.) down to the recently organized basement shelving. Tonight my friend who is buying our old treadmill may come by to pick that up. After rolling it into position, I cannot believe that I actually got that thing downstairs by myself.

1 comment:

Nick said...

So.... did you get your refund or not? I bet the Patriots will go undefeated and lose the Super Bowl.