Monday, December 31, 2007

P&R Ball



Last night several adults gathered at a table while the kids were playing dodgeball and stuff for their New Years Eve party at church. We played a dice game called "chicken" or "farkle." There was probably more whooping and laughing at our table than the kids in the other room. Lucie and I had intended to drop the kids off and leave but we stayed the whole time (till 11 PM). We ate a lot and had a lot of laughs. Elliott went over to a friend's house for the night afterwards and that friend's sister spent the night at our house with Ashleigh.

While there at church yesterday, someone challenged me to a game(s) of ping pong. Coincidental that I had just played Elliott earlier in the day. Anyway, he was all wound up and ready to roll. I beat him pretty good. Three times. The final game I was up 10-0 before he scored his first point. When will they learn...?

This morning I met some friends at the Y for racquetball. That was pretty good. I won twice, the other guy won twice, and his son one once. Very competitive and a lot of fun. Most importantly, no one got hurt (although the son did take my legs out once and I fell on top of him). I can sure leave a big sweaty wet spot on the floor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FARKLE!!! And i am sure i could beat you in ping pong... but i will just dream of me showing you up and you falling to your knees in a sweaty defeat...