Wednesday, January 2, 2008

...Know When to Walk Away...

A&E and I had to stop by BJs the other day to pick up some stuff. We grilled out on New Years Eve and needed some meat. Ashleigh stayed in the car while Elliott and I went in. After a few minutes, Ashleigh called me and said that a car came and parked next to ours. A couple of kids got out and opened their door into the side of mine. Then they and their mother walked away and knocked my outside mirror forward. She gave me a description of the family so I sought them out. And found them. I went up to the woman and told her that her kids had opened their door into my car. Without even asking "what car?" or anything, she immediately starts yelling that they did not and she told them to be careful and on and on. A real scene. She then wanted to go out and look. I told her I was not going back out AND that her kids knocked my mirror the wrong way. She again said they did not. I told her my daughter saw it happen and had called me from the car. She said she saw Ashleigh and wanted to go out and look at the cars. At that point, nothing would be gained so I told her to be careful next time. And then I walked off and went about my business. But what a mess. So defensive yet guilty. She never asked me who I was or what I was driving. I told Elliott the point of me confronting her was to instill some sort of accountability for her actions. But when it was apparent nothing was to be gained, and there was no damage to fix or recover, it was time to bail. She was something else.

New Years was pretty quiet. We watched the ball drop and Dick Clark struggle through another count down. Time to pass the torch, buddy.

Elliott got together with a bunch of church friends and went bowling. The scoring is mostly electronic now. He did pretty good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, Good story. i don't know of a time when bowling wasn't electric.... wow i think someone is old..er.