Tuesday, January 15, 2008

UnVIEWable

I took my car in for an oil change yesterday and the TV in the dealership lobby was tuned to the show The View. What a mess that is. A bunch of cackling hens each trying to be more controversial than the next. I finally got up and changed the channel to The Price is Right. Drew Carey is no Bob Barker but he is better than that noise.

I bought a giant BJs can of nacho cheese yesterday. I love that stuff but they don't make it in smaller containers. So I bought some Tupperware like things and ladled the cheese into about 6 of those. I will freeze them and thaw them as needed.

Elliott had another game last night. Again, he did pretty good. His defense has really stepped up and he is quicker on his feet. But his team goes into a complete fog at the tip-off. No one wants to take charge and they are not a very aggressive group. In warmups and practice, the team is confident and shoots well. But they seize up in the game. In this game, they scored more points in the 4th quarter than the previous three quarters combined. Elliott is the youngest and smallest one on the team so when he gets double-teamed, it is intimidating. But he only had one turnover. He had 2 or 3 rebounds and 3 shots. They were good shots and I am glad he took them - you can't score if you don't shoot and his team wasn't shooting. His next game is Saturday but he won't make it as he is competing in an academic challenge at school.

I am still struggling with my modem connection. I am 99% sure it is due to the work in the neighborhood (Verizon is installing FIOS and it is interfering with us Comcast users). But I am going through and checking all my connections and being sure it is not a problem on my end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you should go out and talk to all your neighbors.... do a scientific survey...
(comcast trouble)