Friday, January 11, 2008

Thunder Dog

This morning there was some thunder rumbling around at 4:30. And how do I know this? Because it was right about then that the 80 lb. golden retriever piled into our bed all shaky and afraid. The beagle typically sleeps on the bed with us at night. But this morning, the golden displaced her and took her rightful spot all snuggled up to me for protection. For some reason, the thunder doesn't bother the beagle.

Yesterday, Lucie and I broke in her new GPS (Magellan Maestro 4000 - bought on super sale at Circuit City with gift card and friend's employee discount) by taking a trip to the Target store in Dover. She had never been down there so we headed out. She loved it. But nothing we do is not without some story. We got back to the car and realized she had been double charged for something. So back in she goes. Got that straightened out so we then headed out to grab some lunch at the drive through. Pulled into the KFC for lunch, and instead of giving Lucie the two wings meal she ordered, she got a leg and a wing. And my Mt. Dew wasn't a Mt. Dew - it was a Pepsi. Oy. However, we did notice that they are putting the final touches on a Sonic down there so that will be good.

We got back to town and picked up Ashleigh and a friend from school. The friend said she lived "just around the corner." Well, that friend must have previously lived on the Ponderosa because "just around the corner" was about three miles away from the direction I wanted to go.

And where did I want to go? Why to Lowe's of course to get a replacement piece for the toilet that I had snapped off that morning. I was walking by the downstairs bathroom before we left and I heard the toilet trickling water. So I lifted off the tank cover and bent the floating ball adjusting arm. And snapped it right off. When we got to Lowe's, I ran into the plumbing department with my gift card in hand, and go to get the replacement part. Turns out, there are 8.5 inch and 12 inch toilet tanks. I don't know what I have! So I asked the Lowe's guys which is more common? No clue. I then start looking around at the toilets at Lowe's and still can't figure it out. The piece was inside and it was hard to tell. Elliott was home by now so I called him and got him to shove a yard stick into the tank and tell me how high the broken piece was. Turns out it was 12 inches for those of you taking notes. So we headed home and I slapped in the new piece. Today I sent a thank-you email to the person who gave me the gift card. I told her I would think of her every time I flushed the toilet...

I should end on that funny note but I will end today with a request for prayer for an upcoming decision. More on that later.

No comments: