Friday, January 4, 2008

UnChristmas

Today is the day we start to unChristmas the house - take all the stuff down and pack it away for another 48 weeks or so. If I could figure out a reasonable way to save the tree in its current configuration, I would. Just bag it and stash it till next year. It has been very cold lately but today it should be warmer so I can get the outside lights down today and tomorrow - while Lucie undoes the 17 strings of lights she affixed to the tree this year. We should see a dramatic decrease in our electric bill.

Ever since Christmas day, my cable modem has been dropping off line periodically. Makes me so mad. No rhyme or reason. Just drops. I have to unplug the power for a minute, then plug it back in. Then I am good for a couple of days. My signals all look good. I called the cable company and they are coming out tomorrow. Of course they can only come when I am at Elliott's practice. I like to be here to learn what they do and keep them in line. They always want to come in and mess with my setup. Last time though, they found the last tech that came out to the outside box cut my cable and split it to the neighbor. My tech was pretty mad. He re-wired it and I was good for months. This is a new cable modem too. And Verizon is around installing FIOS so maybe that is the issue.

Had a fair night at hoops. I have been icing my knees all week and went back to my old sneakers. My knees feel pretty good today but it didn't help my game. I see it now takes at least 40 seconds for the play I have in my head to make it's way to my feet. Then they start to move but by then the opportunity is gone. The 'abort mission' signal is another 40 seconds behind that but by then it is too late...

We were going to go to a final cruise planning party this weekend but the host had to cancel as the husband is going to be out of town. But it seems all of us (33!) are all ready to go. Now it is just the waiting part...

I see the late night talk show hosts have been keeping tabs on me: Letterman and Conan have both grown beards. Shawn-wannabe's...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shawn wannabe's??? cough cough