Monday, January 28, 2008

Keepin' the Beard

As some of you may know, my former employer contacted me recently about returning to work. At first it looked like a good deal – going back to a different division than what I left (the division that I really liked). I thought it over and was set to go back. Then when we started to talk some nitty gritty contract and return-to-work conditions, things took a strange and unexpected turn. I will not post the whole story here – email me for the details if you want. But, as the icon to the left indicates, I will not be involved in idol worship. And as you might guess from today’s blog title, my former company didn’t allow beards…

I sent my resume to the state for a job I saw there and another friend is working on some things for me. Still keeping the faith.

Just a few days left until the cruise. Working out some details every day but basically we are ready to go! Ashleigh has a cold but should be fine. Elliott has a game tonight he is looking forward to. He will miss some games next week but we will be back in time for the playoffs.

Speaking of, I finally got to see some of a Celtics game on TV yesterday. They were down by 7 with just over a minute to go. Against Orlando. They came back to tie it up but Orlando hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to win. The Celtics are still in first place and it was good to see them play.

No comments: