Friday, January 4, 2008

Rear Ended





Today I was driving to get a haircut and was stopped at a traffic light (for the locals, it was over by BJs on Route 72). There were about 15 cars ahead of me and I was just sitting there waiting for the light to change. Suddenly I hear the screeching of brakes and look back to see a guy plow into the back of me. WHAM It pushed me forward a bit and you can see the damage it did to his car (1997 Geo Prizm). His airbags deployed and he had a bloody lip. He left about 20 feet of skid marks so he was moving along. There were two lanes of traffic each way with a middle turning lane. I was in the left center lane. I called 911 and then the other driver and I managed to get off the road and into a parking area. No one else in either car. I felt kind of bad for the guy as he was from Africa and went to an AG church. We talked for a while and noted how it could have been much worse, it could be raining or something, etc. He wound up getting a citation. My cell phone lens had condensation in it so I couldn’t take good pictures. Lucie was just a couple of miles away so she came over and took some pictures. I will go Monday and get an estimate. A new bumper for sure. My arm that was on the wheel is a bit sore and my neck did whip back but so far I am OK.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AHhhh... my back... That is a real inconvenience. and one expensive hair cut for you. Altho i guess he pays for it. Well I wanted to say i went to Taco Bell in Elkton and got the cheesy gordida crunch. They sell it as a meal for $5.99. But if you buy it separately it is 50 cents cheaper. SO i ordered it separately and the lady said i should get a meal, and i told her if i get it individually its cheaper... A combo meal i think should save you money... That is only part one. Part Two... i got this same meal at two other taco bells in Delaware for $3.99. I dont understand why the price difference but i think i will call and find out why.
Well good thing you are safe well... its only a car. I think you should take some time off work to recover. You don't want to push to hard. Glad to hear you are alright.