Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Catch Up

What a busy past few days. Whew. Thank you Dr. King for sharing your dream and giving us all a slow day... ha ha.

I will add some things in no particular order. Today we went down to the Rehoboth Beach outlets to do some shopping. My Pathfinder is in the shop now for most of the week to get the bumper replaced from the accident. They gave me a Chevy Impala to drive. So we piled in and braved the freezing cold to do some shopping. That went well. Elliott and I got some new cruise sunglasses and he got some t-shirts and swimming trunks. Lucie got some shorts.

On Saturday, Elliott couldn't go to his basketball game as he was on one of his school's academic challenge teams that was competing with several other schools. It was sort of like a giant Bible Quiz competition (for those of you who know what that is) or a trivia game show. Complete with buzzers and judges and timers. The morning started off rough with us heading out and Lucie forgetting her camera. We hadn't gone far so we turned around and went back. She grabbed that and off we went. We met at a school in Wilmington and then I found out this was an ALL DAY event. I was mentally prepared for a half day. So I became a big poop for a while (until he started competing - then it was interesting). Meanwhile, Lucie gets her camera out and finds that the battery was missing so she figured she left it charging at home. It wasn't until we were on the way home that she found the battery in the camera bag and she had had it the whole time... Anyway, Elliott's team went 5-1 with their only loss being against another team from their school. So they came in 2nd place. His school, Newark Charter, placed 1st, 2nd, and 4th. (His basketball team won big even though he and one of the other good players wasn't there. Next game is this Thursday.)

On Friday I had to take him to the doctor for a follow-up checkup. According to my math, the doctor makes $540 an hour. So Ashleigh and Elliott are now going to be pre-med majors in college...

On Sunday we got busy doing things in the afternoon including running Elliott from ice skating with the church youth group to a birthday party. So I Tivo-ed the Patriots game and watched it later. No one got to me to spoil it either. As soon as that finished, we flipped over to the Packers / Giants game and saw the Giants win. So I know who will be playing Sunday night while we are cruising the open seas. I too have a dream...

1 comment:

Ms. Lucie said...

Minor correction on the shopping front: Ashleigh got shorts and some tops, not Lucie. Ell got some swim trunks, glasses, a dress shirt and some tees. Lucie got nothing!! Not pouting, though. I'll probably get something in 2 weeks!