Friday, January 25, 2008

Hale's on Fire

Elliott and I did pretty well in our respective basketball games last night. Elliott played some great defense and grabbed a couple of rebounds. No turnovers. He handled the ball well too. He got his shot blocked by some kid much taller than him but he fired off 2, 3-pointers that were in and out. He did hit a nice jumper. Unfortunately, his whole team didn't score in the third quarter (he had to sit out - there are timing rules so all the kids can play) and they lost again. Lots and lots of turnovers.

We left there and went to my church basketball night. Only 8 of us but I had a huge night. Drained most of my outside shots. We had a good night overall. My knees don't bother me at all - which is strange since a few weeks ago I thought it was time to hang up the sneakers. Early in the night someone gouged my middle finger with their fingernail. You would think they punctured an artery the way it bled. I didn't even notice I was dripping blood on the carpet until I happened to look down. Elliott scrounged up a Band-Aid but was almost too grossed out to stick it on me. It was on my shooting hand but since I shot so well, I am thinking of wearing a Band-Aid every week. If Michael Jackson can wear a glove on one hand...

I picked up my Pathfinder yesterday. They did an excellent job replacing the bumper and washing the car. It looks brand new again.

Ashleigh is going to a sleepover / birthday party tonight. Not sure what the rest of us will do. Probably catch up on some Tivo-ed shows.

No comments: