Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Give Me an E

Elliott had a good scrimmage, then practice Monday night. When we got to the gym, another team was there finishing their practice and invited his team to scrimmage. The age range is 12-14 and Elliott is one of the youngest at 12. So he played some and scored a nice outside shot. He went 1 for 2 and had a rebound. He needs to be more aggressive on offense and call for the ball to make himself visible. His coaches were yelling at his teammates to "get Elliott the ball." He has a great outside shot. His team won 34-16 or so (I was the only one keeping score). Afterwards they practiced and played against themselves. Elliott had a lot of points during that.

Earlier that day he competed in the Math League. His school has three teams in the math league district. One team came in first and the other two teams tied for second! They are something else. Out of the top 10 scorers, kids from Elliott's school hold 8 spots. He finished this meet ranked #17 out of 54 competitors.

I went downstairs and started some work on the basement yesterday. A few years ago we put some heavy duty metal and wood rack shelves down there. In one section, we put them two deep which turned out to be too deep. We couldn't get to the back of the rear rack. So I moved the front rack yesterday and will spend the afternoon transferring stuff between the racks. I found some interesting stuff I forgot we had.

It is snowing out pretty good right now. Church tonight is looking questionable. We are only supposed to get about 2 inches but being the first snow of the winter, that will result in all sorts of accidents. I have my shovels at the ready. Typically, I am the only one who goes out and shovels during the storm. I would rather shovel 2 inches 5 times than 10 inches one time. My neighbors don't seem to get that concept so while my driveway is nice and clear, they are out there breaking their backs.

1 comment:

Nick said...

awwww... you are becoming domesticated. Kuddos