Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birthday and Stuff

Yesterday was our friend Katie's birthday. She swung by the house to see the progress Lucie made on her scrapbook so we surprised her with a cheese, uh, carrot cake. That was fun.

Easter was a great day. Lunch with friends, long nap on their couch, Lucie scrap booked and the kids watched movies (and napped t00). Then a little Nintendo football (I lost but didn't do too bad for not having played that particular game before).

The kids are off from school this week so yesterday we took the dogs for a walk at the big park near us. Probably just roam the neighborhood with them today. And, as a special treat for the dogs, I trimmed their toenails...

I did manage to find a vacuum belt that works. Got that put on yesterday. Now I have no excuses...

Tonight is going to be knockwursts on the grill. I got my back up propane tank filled today so I am good for a while. We got some grass seed for the back yard too. I go through the same routine every year back there. Seeding, watering, it grows, then dies. The soil is too shady and sandy to sustain life. It turns rock hard in the summer and everything dies (near the back fence). The part of the back lawn nearest the house does pretty good but the dog pee leaves it patchy. The front yard is always good though and that is what counts.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leave all the clippings from mowing the grass on the ground for a base. Let the grass seed grow up thru. Gradually it will form a good base and hopefully, stay green.