Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's a Zoo Around Here

Yesterday it was in the 50º's here so it seemed like a good day to wash the dogs. The golden retriever is good and hops right in the tub. She is so big and hairy though, it takes a long time to get her completely washed and shampooed and rinsed. By the time I am done with her, I am soaked. But she just sits there and enjoys it. The beagle is bad. I had to go extricate her from under the bed and carry her into the tub. She only takes about five minutes to do. So off they went clean and happy.

That afternoon, we came home and found a skinny black and white cat sitting on our front porch mat. It ran in the garage and started eating spilled dry dog food. Lucie and I had come home from shopping so I held the cat while she brought stuff into the house. Elliott said the cat had been in the garage for quite a while when he got home and it had just come out. I closed the garage door and went to pick up Ashleigh from lacrosse practice. When we got back, the cat was still there. So we gave it some dog food and went about our business. Came home from church around 9:15 and guess who was sitting on our front mat again?! So we gave it some more food. The kids were concerned for it as it got chilly last night but I was not about to bring the cat in the garage or the house. Later on, I saw the cat had managed to get into the inner pool fence area. That drove the dogs wild for a while. No sightings yet today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you fed the cat!!! it is yours forever