Friday, March 21, 2008

A Few Notes

Just a few update notes as to what is going on around here. A&E are away at Youth Convention. They left Thursday afternoon and will be back tonight around midnight. It is out in Hershey, PA (about 2 hours away) and they are having a great time. A bunch of kids from church went.

Lucie has been seizing all of her free time to scrapbook. She sometimes has a couple of friends over to work with her or she will work on it on her own. One of her friends is away this weekend so she will have some serious catching up to do when she gets back.

Yesterday I went to a security professionals' luncheon. Did some networking and got some leads. Nothing concrete but encouraging.

The church youth group leader put together an NCAA basketball tournament bracket challenge. Now I have a vested interest in the games. For a while I was in first place, but it fluctuates a lot. I think I will do OK. Oral Roberts lost in the first round but I didn't pick them to win anyway.

I have lost about 15-20 pounds since getting back from the cruise. I wore a suit to the luncheon yesterday and it felt great. My basketball game hasn't gotten any better but I am much more mobile and blocked a couple of shots last night. My back and knees aren't nearly as painful as before now either. How did I do it? I am on the elliptical for 30 minutes a day, four days a week. After the cruise I got pretty sick and had zero appetite. It hasn't really come back so I am able to eat a lot less. I am not sure if I can recommend that approach but it is working for me. Of course that Cinnabon I had for breakfast isn't going to help the cause anyway...

No comments: