Friday, March 28, 2008

Shawn Fought the Law...

... and the Shawn won! A month or two ago I had a rental car while my Pathfinder was getting repaired from the little accident I was in. We decided to go to the beach that day so I took my EZ Pass transponder from the Pathfinder, and brought it with us. When we went through the toll, I held it up to the scanner to be read. We were in the high speed lane so there were no red or green lights to let me know if it read or not. I did the same thing on the way back.

So a couple of weeks after that, I got a letter from EZ Pass with a digital picture showing me in the rental car driving through the toll and they claimed I didn't pay. The fine was $25.00 plus the cost of the toll ($1) but they had an area where I could contest the fine. So I did. I explained what happened and showed (I attached my transaction log) that the toll was paid on the way back. I checked my log the other day and they only assessed me the $1 toll. Good for me! Justice prevailed.

The weather people did it to me again. I went out the other day and raked the back yard and roughed it all up and threw around grass seed. Had to hurry to beat the two days of rain they predicted. Rain and thunderstorms no less. Well, actually, it turned out to be a LOT less. We got a thimble full of rain and I think I have fed every bird in the county some nice grass seed...!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah the weather people suck.... i was hoping to have off today.... i didnt bother bringing lunch because i was waiting for rain