Monday, June 16, 2008

Flying Critters

This past Friday night we had some friends over for a cook out and swimming in the pool. It was a good time and I cooked up some good chicken-n-ribs. But when it got dusk, the mosquitoes came out in hordes. I had the citronella torches going, but they flew in under the radar and were chewing up our ankles. So that moved things inside where we watched National Treasure 2 (every bit as good as the first one!).

On Saturday, we went a birthday party that was also a pool party and cookout. This time it wasn't the mosquitoes that were attacking, it was horse flies. And they didn't want till dusk. I personally killed 13 of them! Viscious things. But the party was fun and the food was good and we had a good time. We came home that night and watched a dumb movie I got from NetFlix (In the Name of the King). Yawn.

But wait, I am not done yet. On Sunday night I am standing there at church singing and I feel a little itch on my face. So I scratch it and as I pull my hand away, I see I have a wasp in my clutches!!! I threw it to the ground and and stepped on it. Much to the amusement of the guy across the aisle from me who later said he saw it fly in and land on my face.

Father's Day was pretty low key here. Came home and ate leftovers and laid out in the pool. Very nice. I got a monopod for the camcorder (like a walking stick for the camcorder to steady outdoor shots), some corn holders and a butter-er, a book on the top 501 movies of all time, and a new toaster because Lucie broke the last one... But it was a good time and good day. After church that night we went to a friend's for a little cookout and hanging out. That was fun.

Today Ashleigh and Elliott went away to church youth camp for the week. That leaves Lucie and I here alone for the week. I bought a trimmer for the dogs - mostly the golden retriever whose foot hair and other areas is too long and getting all matted. I trimmed one foot when we got home and she didn't mind it a bit so I will fix her right up tomorrow. So between that trimmer and the new toaster, I got a busy week ahead of me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm. was that guy across the aisle named Rob Renn.

Shawn H said...

Gary C.