Wednesday, June 11, 2008

XBox Wifi Escapades

The other day I saw that Radio Shack had the XBox 360 wifi adapter antenna on sale, plus 90 days same as cash. So I went and bought one for Elliott's new XBox so he could play online with his friends for the summer. We plugged it in and the console didn't recognize it. Tried a few things but there really wasn't much we could do - it either is recognized or not. I called Microsoft and they said it was definitely a hardware problem - either the antenna or the console was bad. So we took both to one of our friends' houses and tried it there. It didn't work on his console either, but his antenna worked on our console so we knew it was the antenna. No other local Radio Shack had others so we took it way back to the first place I bought it and exchanged it. Came home. Same thing. This morning we took a road trip and exchanged it at yet another Radio Shack. Came home. No workie. ARGH! So we called our friend and asked where he bought his. He said Game Stop. Went to Game Stop. Sold out. Finally we went to KMart and bought their last one. Came home and plugged it in and it worked instantly! Yay! So he is online with his friends right now and all is good.

After a good thunderstorm last night, the humidity is gone and it is just warm and sunny out. Today is my birthday so we are going to use a free birthday dinner coupon at a local restaurant. Kind of a laid back day.

I always hoped I wouldn't be working on my 44th birthday but that was because I thought I would be retired by then! I guess I was half right...!

No comments: