Monday, July 14, 2008

And The Racks Came Tumbling Down

Just before 5 this morning, while still in bed, Lucie reaches out with her left hand, grabs my chest, and screams at the top of her lungs. The giant crashing sound just before that I barely heard but the scream that then came from me I heard loud and clear. We bolted out of bed and Lucie was going wild wondering what had happened. The dogs were just standing there. I knew the sound came from our closet doors but I thought the golden retriever rolled into it in her sleep or something. Boy was I wrong. As you can see from the picture, the entire clothes rack collapsed. And I mean collapsed. If you look closely, you see the holes in the wall where it pulled out. The picture shows just Lucie's half but it extends all the way to my side. It looks like a bomb went off in there. The rack is all twisted now. Lucie was packing and cleaning up to go away today and apparently overloaded it.

So now I know two things - what I am going to be doing the next few days, and what my final sound will be just before I die...

No comments: