Tuesday, July 8, 2008

SH Phone Home


















I know it has been awhile since I have made an entry here but things have been not too blog-worthy. Of course that never slowed me down in the past... We have been to the beach a couple of times in the past week with friends. Stopping at the new Sonic at the midway point on the way home is quickly becoming a beach tradition for us. The beach was nice. Not too hot with nice breezes. The water is still too cold for me (I am spoiled by the 88ยบ backyard pool water temp!).

We went to friend's house for a cookout on the 4th. It was raining at the time we were going to go to the fireworks so we stood under the eaves and watched their neighbors shoot off some pretty big ones. It turned out that at the park where they shot of the town fireworks, it was just misting and we could have gone but we had a good time anyway.

I played racquetball last week with a friend and his son. I needed the workout since we didn't play basketball last week. This family has been on vacation and we went with them to the big mall in PA about an hour from here on Saturday. It seems like their vacation is our vacation!

I also got a free upgrade to my phone through Verizon (see above). I had reached the point where I could upgrade it per my contract. I had been looking at one model but the price kept going up and up on it. This one was free at Best Buy. Usually it is at least $69-$99. Elliott has the same one and it has been fine for him for a year or so. I like how it opens both ways and has the sideways, full keyboard.

Lucie has been real busy with Vacation Bible School this week (and prepping for it last week). So far she is having record numbers. A&E have been helping her as leaders too. Elliott finally got a haircut today so he is presentable.

A few little developments on the work front with opportunities going and coming. Still believing and looking and doing all I can do.

No comments: