Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Maine Day


This is Nubble lighthouse in York, Maine. We spent yesterday along the Maine beaches showing the kids were Lucie and I honeymooned and walking along the shops. Beautiful day. First thing Elliott and I did was go fishing outside of where we are staying. No bites but you know the saying about a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work...

After York, we came back to Portsmouth and shopped some more. Not buying much - just looking around and seeing the unique stores. We went to our friends' house in Maine last night and talked about cruise things and made lobster rolls. Those are so good. Elliott stayed the night with them and camped out in a tent on their porch.

Today we are going to breakfast with my aunt but not sure what we are doing from there. The new sunglasses I bought from the Kittery Trading Post broke (the ear piece just snapped off) so I am going to try and shame them into matching LL Bean's return policy and exchange them. I think tonight we will have family over and all eat together.

The weather looks good for today but rainy tonight and tomorrow. Highs in the 80s and cool at night.

No comments: