Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Toe Job

You know it is a slow day when the highlight is Elliott getting his ingrown toenail fixed. He had the same problem on his other foot and the same procedure done - basically a section of nail is cut out and an acid applied to keep it from growing back. It was a genetic thing - nothing he did wrong. 4 shots in the toe, then some jabbing and poking (made me think of some torture techniques) and we were out of there. No pain and he watched it all. I, on the other hand, looked away.

Ashleigh has gone off to Alabama for a missions trip with a church group. They left at 4:15 this morning. Thank God for friends... they let her spend the night and took her over with their kids who were going too. I am on duty to bring them all home next week when they get back. Lucie is depressed and missing her so I made grilled scallops and chicken kabobs for supper. I think a couple of ice cream doses and she will be fine. For today...

Tomorrow I have a phone interview that I am pretty excited about. Before that I have to take the golden retriever to the vet for some shots and a checkup. Lately she has been smelling really bad and no amount of bathing and shampooing is helping. She loves to sit on the top step of the pool in her private Jacuzzi but when she gets wet, she smells even worse. We will get to the bottom of that tomorrow.

But for tonight, it is back to Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Always something entertaining there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ingrown toe nail.....genetic? isnt it because of the way you cut your toe nails... ana had a few of them and they seem pretty nasty. but then again i had one but i fixed it with my pocket knife before it got way out of control.