Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rack 'em Up


As you can see from the photo, Elliott and I got the closet racks re-bulit. Quite a job but I think we did it better and stronger than the original. At least I hope so. I made some engineering flaws but basically I got a stronger support system and used screws to attach it to the studs behind the sheetrock. We put up a second shelf and a sliding clothes rack for the hangers too. The picture shows my half of the closet. I started to put Lucie's stuff back but I don't think it is humanly possible. It is a wonder the entire house didn't fall off its foundation when the rack broke... So I hung what I could and piled her stuff as neatly as possible.

I was soundly beaten in every game at racquetball by the Revell clan yesterday morning. Not my best showing but a lot of fun.

Last night Elliott and I went to the local Class A baseball game (Wilmington Blue Rocks). We got great seats 2 rows behind the home team dugout. We were among the first 1000 to show up so we got free baseballs and later on got free Chick Fil A sandwich coupons. We almost got a free hot dog and soda but we were the 11th person to claim a trivia prize answer and they only had 10 prizes. It was a good night with some good plays, a few home runs, and the Blue Rocks won 9-3.

Tomorrow I will teach the boy to mow. Leaving me one less thing to do around here...

No comments: