Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Catching Up

So work has been going well! Geez, I haven't said that in over a year... Actually, I rarely said that with my old job...! The company is progressive and professional and they have a good strategy for growing in a new market. I am ahead of the project timeline so they are getting me more involved in other aspects of the business. I am thrilled and really hoping this turns into a full-time position. I can bring something to the table and learn some new things too. Challenging, rewarding, local, respected company... Everything I was looking for.

Being busy at work means that the blog entries have had to slow down. Things are going well at home. Elliott is doing better but has a real raspy voice and a little cough still. He missed one basketball practice and sat out another (watched the plays). He should be ready to go by the next practice. I will be posting his games schedule on the Hale Family Web Page in a few minutes and then updating his stats throughout the year. He and Ashleigh are out of school for the week.

Yesterday was Lucie's birthday. We had a gift card from a friend so we went to Olive Garden. Oddly enough, the name of our waitress was the same as the person who gave us the card. Anyway, I haven't been to an Olive Garden in years. It was pretty good. We started off with the big salad and calamari for an appetizer. I got the Tour of Italy which had lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, and chicken parmesan. Took a slice of pumpkin cheesecake home for dessert. I feel like I need to take a walking tour of Italy now to burn off all of that!

It wasn't the happiest of days for Lucie or any of us though. The mother of one of our cruise friends (and grandmother of Ashleigh's boyfriend) passed away early yesterday morning. She had lung cancer. We were over to her house on Labor Day for a cookout with huge steaks and had a really nice time. She was a great woman. I remember she didn't know us too well but still came to Lucie's mother's funeral years ago. That really made an impression on me. The funeral is Friday. I will be helping with the sound and video and Lucie is coordinating a lot of the other details.

Today I might try and get out and blow the leaves out of the yard. Looks like a good day for that.

No comments: