Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Flakes


As you can see, around 4:30 this afternoon, the visibility dropped significantly. Why? A fast and furious snow squall. It popped up out of nowhere and the sun was actually shining during it. It has been quite chilly and windy lately. I guess winter is upon us...

Elliott has had a little fever and felt run down the past few days so he has stayed home from school. Today he and I went and got our hair cut. He really needed it. I think they should collect all the cut hair and weigh it and charge according to the amount cut. Only seems fair...

Tonight there was a fundraiser at Applebee's for Ashleigh's lacrosse team. We invited a few families but only one was able to make it. We had a nice time. We rarely eat out during the week.

Not much else going on. Editing the report I wrote. Just switching up the format a bit.

I am happy to report that my back never hurt after carrying that washer up the stairs last Saturday. I guess I am doing better.

I had a little McGyver moment today. Lucie called and said the screen on the electronic thermostat at the church office had gone blank. She put new batteries in but still nothing. So I dug back into the recesses of my mind and remembered a similar situation I resolved once. I told her to take out the batteries, put them in backwards for a few seconds, take them out and then put them back in the right way. Sure enough, that somehow reset it and it worked perfectly. Even after 21 years, I can still heat her up a little!

No comments: