Saturday, November 8, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

Elliott had his first practice on Thursday night. That went well. Only 7 kids on his team so that is a little tight. They ran through a lot of drills and his coach this year seems very instructional. During the free throw portion of the night, Elliott hit 8 out of 10 - the best of anyone on the team. They should do OK this year. From his practice we went straight to my basketball night. I had a pretty good night and my back felt great.

On Friday we met a friend for breakfast (Lucie is off on Fridays now) and then Lucie and her friend went to work scrapbooking and I got the oil changed in my car. I then joined Lucie at our friend's house. The cable guy was due to come to their house and fix their slow connection and I was going to talk to the guy. While we were waiting, I poked around with their connections and cable modem and lo and behold, about 15 minutes before the cable guy arrived, suddenly their connection speeded right up! I had to go pick up Ashleigh from school and the guy came after I left. Of course all was fine by then so he didn't have to do a thing. How coincidental...

That night the kids went to youth group at church. I hung out here with our friends watching the new Indiana Jones movie while Lucie... scrapped. I had a small sore throat coming on though.

Another practice for Elliott on Saturday. It was a rainy day so after practice, we just came home and I took a nap. My sore throat cleared up but now I have a little bit of a runny nose. Feeling tired but it could just be that kind of a day.

Our good friends from Maine called tonight and they are going to come down for Christmas (the day after). That will be great fun. They are going to find a local hotel with a pool so we may actually go stay with them!

No comments: