Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fryday Friday Success

We had our first Fryday Friday and it was a great success. Despite one plate of fried fish getting knocked on the floor and half eaten by the beagle, a bag of battered mozzarella sticks ending up being emptied on the kitchen floor, and a few other minor setbacks (the mozzarella sticks disintegrated into a mass of gooey cheese in the fryer - that never happened before). But the preparation part was fun and overall, everything tasted great. The fried ice cream was fair - I need to try another recipe. We will do it again some day - but it may be awhile so we can let this last experience get completely purged from our bodies.

On Saturday the temperature got up to about 72ยบ! Beautiful, warm winds blowing. We opened up the house to air out the carnival smell from the fried food. Then a friend called us to help move their washer machine upstairs. They live near a scrapbooking store so Lucie was more than happy to go. So off we went and I took my back support belt (which worked great - I have no pain now). I helped the guy move the washer upstairs and hook it up. Lucie and the ladies went to the scrapbook store. I then got involved with helping install a garage door opener but then Lucie came and we had to leave. A tornado watch was declared and the skies got ominous. The kids were home alone so we headed out. It rained really hard on the way home but all was OK. I offered to go back and help with the garage door next weekend but he wound up getting it installed. The washer leaked a little around a hose but he fixed that too.

Sunday was pretty quiet but turned very cold with a strong wind. I finished my report and emailed that in. A friend of mine forwarded me a lead for a security manager position at a local place where I have a profile set up. The place is supposed to look at the online postings for candidates but something didn't work out. Anyway, I am grateful that he sent me the link (it was from our professional security organization web site). I applied online and will see what happens.

After church we watched a show called Half Ton Mom. This 900 pound woman decided to have gastric bypass surgery. So for 50 minutes, they interviewed her and showed the procedure and how in the 3 days after the surgery, she lost 60 pounds, etc. etc. Suddenly, they said the woman died of a heart attack! I didn't see that coming! Not a very happy ending. Next on our hit list of shows was one about polygamy. This woman went and interviewed these people with a million kids and 3 wives living in these huge houses. The guy had his "man cave" to retreat to when he needed some peace and quiet (bedroom office with TV, etc.). It sounded pretty good until they showed his wives and explained the uh, sleeping arrangements. Then it was time for bed for me. After a little blogging of course...

No comments: