Friday, December 12, 2008

Elliott's First Game of the Season

Elliott had his first basketball game of the season and to say his team had a cold shooting night is an understatement. The coach this year is focused on plays but many of the kids on the team don't have the fundamentals down. There are only 7 players on his team so when they were practicing the drills, there were no defenders. They got a rude awakening last night and lost 18-40. The kids would lock up when the plays fell apart and they wouldn't take the open shots. Finally Elliott started to disregard the playbook and tried to make his own way. He had some good shots and played well but he was cold too. It will come. He has a game tomorrow and another Monday.

I, on the other hand, had a pretty good night at basketball. I had one game where I scored 4 of the 7 baskets and felt good.

My tooth was pretty sore today. I think it was more sore from the shots I got than anything else. When my dentist gets the file from the root canal doctor, they will schedule an appointment to crown or fill the tooth.

The new modem has already locked up once so that proves it is not my equipment causing the problems. I will let it go through the weekend and worry about that next week.

I got some potentially promising news about going back to work today but I can't post it here. Nothing solid yet but very encouraging.

Tonight Elliott is going to a Laser Tag outing with a bunch of church friends. I intend to start in on the Christmas tree. But I say that every day...

Lucie's uncle in Florida is very sick and facing several weeks of chemotherapy. She is looking into flying down there soon to help out with him and his wife and cut through some language barrier issues.

No comments: