Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out With The Old

2008 is blowing out of here soon. And I mean that literally! All day there have been strong wind warnings and the house has been rocking! When I went out to get the mail, an older neighbor was wandering around looking for a check that blew away. There is zero chance she will find it but I told her I would keep my eyes open. And it is a cold wind! It did blow all of the remaining leaves into some corners so I took the leaf vacuum and sucked them all up.

Our Maine friends headed home this morning at 5 AM. They got there around 1PM and found 3 inches of fresh snow. They said it was rough driving through Connecticut due to snow but not too bad.

I don't like these mono-vision contacts. One contact is good for far and one is good for close. But the end result is that most of the time, everything is blurry. I will give them the week to try them and go for option B on Monday. Whatever that is.

There is food and games for the kids tonight at church so we will go to that for a while, then come back and go get the kids around 11. No big plans otherwise. Lucie is working tomorrow to make up for some lost time. I will start looking at taking down the Christmas decorations - although it seems I just put them up!! I went to Wal-Mart to get some LED Christmas lights for next year and everything is gone! You snooze you lose I guess...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shoot it was hard to find christmas lights before christmas except at happy harrys. they seemed to have a ton.