Monday, December 8, 2008

Lit Up

As you can barely see above, all lights are in place, and all are working. At least they were when this picture was taken. It has snowed since then and the tiny fuses in the plug kept blowing but that was due to moisture in the linked wires. They held up well last night.

And last night was the children's play at church. Another big success. About 500 people came to watch. Everything went very smoothly.

I talked to a former boss up in Boston today. He said I have home up there with his company if I ever wanted to go back and they would consider re-location costs. But it would involve starting up a branch for them out in the Worcester area. I thanked him and said I might take him up on it if things don't work out here soon.

No root canal today. I am on day-to-day notice should something open up.

So I have another internet issue. At the bottom of each of my emails, I have a signature added automatically. That signature includes a link to this blog: www.sehale.blogspot.com. Suddenly on Friday night, the internet company decided to filter ALL emails that has any Blogspot link in it. And by filter, I mean they won't deliver it and won't tell anyone they didn't deliver it. I was sending an email to myself and it never came through. So I had a couple of friends who were online do some testing with me (they have the same cable company email also) and sure enough, if anywhere in any email a link to any Blogspot blog is included, the email goes off into the void and is not delivered. Take the Blogspot link out, and it goes through fine. I posted this issue on the internet and sure enough, it can be duplicated by the various forum readers. People are getting wound up that emails are not being delivered without any kind of warning or failure message. So I called the cable company and the first person didn't have an answer so she escalated the problem and about 10 hours later I got a call from an upper level person who was also able to replicate the problem. He said it was a known problem and the internet filters were marking those emails as spam and dumping them but they couldn't figure out why there was no cancellation notice sent to the sender. They said they will work on it. Makes me mad that now I cannot send anyone a link to my blog! At least warn me if you aren't going to deliver my email!

And while I am talking about internet issues, a tech came by today to look at my intermittent connection problem. Of course I was online and fine and it happens randomly. So he replaced the ends on the outside connections but said all of my signal strengths are well within range (I knew that). I will watch and see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Comcast reads this comment, as well as your blog: I am getting pretty tired of all the money we are paying every single month to Comcast, and we are getting very poor internet service. I only have two more words to say about Comcast: Verizon Fios!