Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ghost Hunting?

The other night on the SciFi Channel, the crew from the show Ghost Hunters went to the Portsmouth Harbor lighthouse in New Castle, NH. They were there to investigate reports of the lighthouse being haunted with reports of bumps and thumps in the night. The funny thing is, I grew up in that area and just this past summer, the Hale family toured the lighthouse. Not much to it - a spiral staircase leading up to a big automated light. I would think a ghost would fine more spacious accomodations to drift around in. The crew recorded some knocking sounds and what they said were voices and other weird stuff. Nothing too spectacular to me. It was interesting to see how they embellished the situation and tried to create a spooky atmosphere. As Elliott put it at the end of the program, "I have lost all respect for this show!"

Earlier we watched the movie "Hancock" with Will Smith. It was really pretty good and had an interesting twist I didn't see coming. Unfortunately it had a lot of unnecessary bad language. But still pretty good.

Elliott and I got the lights on the tree. It looks good. We never did find a replacement foot activated light switch but we made due with what we had. We still have to hang ornaments and I was shamed into making an effort to put them on by a friend. So I probably will. The thing is, Lucie usually hangs them and then puts them back into their individual boxes. She won't be here to hang them this year but she has assured me that if I hang them, she will put them away after Christmas. So I will give it a shot. Oh, and while I am talking Christmas lights, thanks Sally for the net lights!

Lucie goes to Florida tomorrow for a little while. Her uncle is very ill so she is going down to help out and visit him. My good friend from high school and college has a law practice near where she is going (she is going to Coral Springs - he lives in Miami) so maybe they will get a chance to visit. I am going to have to step it up around here for a while. She has worked many hours the past few days wrapping presents and doing all the Christmas cards and getting everything lined up to make it easy for me while she is gone. I will take her to the airport in the morning after we drop the kids at school. And then a steady diet of pizza and frozen dinners will... resume! ha ha

Tonight we went to a wedding and reception for a young man from church. He comes from a real good family and married a really nice girl. It was a good time. Very genuine and sincere and we just felt that they will live happily ever after. The reception was at a waterfront banquet hall which reminded us of a dinner on the cruise ship. In fact, virtually everyone who was on our previous cruises was there so that added to the feeling.

Off to bed for me - I have to start getting used to getting up early and driving the kids to school. Or just sitting there in a one-way stupor while Ashleigh drives...

No comments: