Monday, December 15, 2008

Spring Day

It was a nice spring day here - about 65º and sunny for a long time. It got cloudy later but it was sure nice. I took the kids to school and then came back and took Lucie to the airport. Earlier in the day a USAir flight with the only the crew aboard had to make an emergency landing with part of its landing gear up. That caused some sparks and the airport to close for a little while but it seemed to have helped. There was no traffic - I pulled up to USAir, let her out on the curb (short term parking is expensive and she already had her seat assignment and everything - nothing for me to do) and she went right in. No one in line ahead of her at the E-Ticket kiosks so she sailed through that and was at the security line by the time I got back on 95! Her plane boarded right on time and she even had an empty seat next to her. As if that isn't hard enough to believe, her checked bag got there the same time she did!

I came back and did some stuff around here and decided to tackle the roll up garage door springs. Each spring (two of them) have broken over the past 2 years but I just wound them back on and made them work. But I have noticed the door not closing smoothly so I went to Home Depot and got two new springs ($27) and put them in. It went smoothly but like every job I do, I have to allow for about 20 minutes of searching time - the time it takes for me search for whatever small piece I drop and can't find. This time it was one of the nuts on a cable clamp. I dropped one, then I set down the other to look for the first one and lost it too! I found that second one out in the driveway (I must have kicked it) and wound up having to re-create the crime - I kept dropping the one nut from the same height as the first lost one until it bounced in a way that lead me to it. But it is all up and working much smoother now.

Elliott has a game tonight. He is feeling good and I think this one will be a win.

No comments: