Thursday, April 24, 2008

Deck the Hale


Obviously the deck in the picture to the right is an exaggeration but it is not that far off from the actual job site I worked on today. The Revells asked me over to help do some repair work on their back deck but as is often the case, one thing led to another and we wound up tearing down most of it and re-building it. And when I say "we," I mean Doug - I was mostly a helping hand following direction. We replaced the stair risers and deck planks but railing and treads and ballisters need to be put on. But it will be fine when it is done. It seemed very, very hot working on it and my allergies were killing me. I can safely say that my sweat and snot went into the building of that thing. But it was a good time.

I went home and took a shower so I could go play basketball and then come home and take a shower. But only 5 of us came and it wasn't worth all of the take down and set up time so we just didn't play at all. Just as well, I am beat.

Ashleigh had a game the other day and miraculously, they didn't lose! They wound up with a tie score 4-4 and played pretty well. Ashleigh had 3 shots on goal which was good.

At the advice of a wise friend, I have removed a previous posting here which included an email dialogue I had with the headhunter I met with on Monday. If you are interested in it, contact me personally.

3 comments:

JT said...

All I have to say is wow...what an idiot. Couldn't even spell your name right.

Anonymous said...

haha!! that is great!, that guy is a total goon. what is the name of the company, i want to send them my resume.

Shawn H said...

MCA Careers. Spread the word.