Monday, April 14, 2008

It Is Aliiiiiive!

The close-up green bud you see in the picture is of the Patmore Ash tree I have been writing about. Thanks to the prayers from Sally (!), it has bloomed!! Hard to tell from the picture but there are buds all over the tree so I think it is going to be alright.

We had a busy weekend at times. Went out to eat at a pizza place with friends. The women did some scrap book shopping. After that, we all went bowling. I haven't bowled in years but did OK. Had a couple of strikes and a spare or two. Then I started thinking about my form and fell apart. Good time anyway.

Saturday was another Ashleigh lacrosse game. It started off cloudy and cool. Then it sprinkled so they stopped the game at the half and made the varsity play. After that, they finished Ashleigh's game. Meanwhile, it got sunny, hot, humid, cool, rainy, cloudy and probably would have snowed if we stayed any longer. Pretty weird. The rest of Saturday was pretty laid back. Cooked on the grill and caught up on some Tivo stuff.

Sunday Ashleigh went to University of Delaware women's lacrosse game with her team to watch how the game should be played. After church a group of us spontaneously went out to Friendly's. That was fun. Just appetizers and ice cream but it was a nice time.

Last night the Red Sox and Yankees played on ESPN. I watched the final 5 innings or so. Almost bailed befoe the game was over but James shamed me into staying on if I was to call myself a real fan. The Red Sox won.

I heard from an old friend today who is now a recruiter for a local company so I sent her my resume. Tomorrow I am meeting another friend to discuss an opportunity with him. That should be interesting.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Job Opportunity: Fedor is still looking for a few good men!