Wednesday, April 2, 2008

First Lacrosse Game

Ashleigh had her first JV lacrosse game yesterday and it was quite educational. Her team lost 11-1 but I think she learned quite a bit. She plays an offensive position near the opponent's goal and managed to get off a good shot but it went off the pole! After her game, Ashleigh watched the Varsity girls play - which was a whole different level. She is just a freshman and this was her first game so she and the team can only get better.

It was a real warm day yesterday so it was nice sitting in the stands watching the game. We had a thunderstorm roll through late last night. Which was perfect timing as I had put down the first Scott's and Grub-X treatment earlier that day.

Our Patmore Green Ash tree looks a little more 'bloomier' today so I am optimistic.

For about a week now, every afternoon, the wifi on the home router goes down for a few minutes. The hard-wired connection stays up so I am thinking it is interference of some sort but I cannot figure out what it is. Sometimes we are not even here and it drops (from looking at the logs). Maybe a neighbor installed something or does something between 4 and 6 every afternoon. I am in the process of changing channels and settings on the router to see if I can eliminate the problem. But I have to make a change and then wait and see what happens for 24 hours before I try another one.

At least it gives me something to do...

No comments: