Friday, April 4, 2008

Lacrosse Math

Ashleigh had another game in the windy, freezing cold yesterday. They started off well and were tied at 3-3 at halftime but wound up losing 10-3. There were 11 shots on their goal, 10 scored. I am thinking they would do better by pulling the goalie, putting in a cardboard cutout, and using the extra player for some more offense. But according to my math, if Ashleigh's team continues at this pace, where they score three times as many goals as their previous game while reducing their opponents goal total by one per game, within 3 games they should win 81-7. Someone want to check that?

It rained last night and is rainy today. Our Patmore Ash has more little stubby blooms on it so I am getting more and more optimistic.

I had a great night at basketball last night. I am down about 15 pounds and am really feeling great. Driving and scoring and much more mobile. In one game that we won, I had 5 of the total 7 points. Not bad.

My wifi keeps getting knocked offline for short periods. But last night I had a program running to watch the neighborhood wireless network activity. I got knocked off right when someone's print server kicked in. It went away and my wifi was back. So I think I have found the problem. Now to fix it. That server was on channel 6 which is what I was on. So I am working through my list of channels (1-11) to try and find one that will not be affected. Fortunately, I have managed to reduce my offline time to either one minute or the length of the person's print job.

Should be a quiet weekend here. Ashleigh is going to her friend's junior prom on Saturday night. I am sure all three of us will have a great time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's time for Shawn to get a job when... he informs us in every posting how many buds are appearing daily on the trees in his back yard. :o) Sally

Unknown said...

wow... i love it. Your time offline is judged by someone's printer usage. Sounds too real to be true