Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Brightness and Backups

Today I fired up an external backup drive and backed up a lot of data from the computers. I back up some data every weekend, and completely copy the hard drive on the first of each month - all to external USB drives. You can never have enough backups. This drive I will keep separate from the others in case something happens to those.

I got the screen on the kids' laptop fixed finally. But when it came back from the shop, the screen was dark. I put it next to Lucie's and made sure all the settings were identical but it was still dark. Then I found that when the techs installed the new screen, they must have reversed something because when I tried to brighten the screen, it darkened and vice versa! So back I go tomorrow. Should be a quick fix.

The kids seem to be enjoying school but are having to get used to going to bed early - after homework. Ashleigh actually starts driver's ed tomorrow! Yikes!

We went to Texas Roadhouse for supper to celebrate a friend's birthday. Always a good time there. The rest of the day was spent unpacking boxes that have been in the basement for 12 years, vacuuming, laundry, and burning DVDs of Lucie's ceremony the other night. Pretty slow. The update on the job I have an active application for is that interviews will begin September 8. Meanwhile, I keep looking and following leads from all sources.

No comments: