Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympics


Every night we watch the Olympics and for the most part, I love it. There seems to be less behind the scenes, personal stories this time around, but I like watching pretty much anything. There is a second Olympic channel on the new digital channels we got so we get to see some of the less popular events. I really enjoyed watching table tennis the other night (I swear I could keep pace with some of those guys) and beach volleyball is pretty entertaining. Gymnastics is good, track and field, etc. But I could do without a few hours of coverage of the women's marathon race. Honestly, that was pretty dull. But tonight I actually got mad at the 'sport' they had on: race walking. What the heck is that? First, it looks ridiculous. Second, who in their right mind ever decided that was something they wanted to take up? Hey look, there goes someone walking like they are in a desperate search for a bathroom. Perhaps I should follow them! Better yet, let's race!

Ashleigh is still doing double sessions of field hockey practice. And trying to finish her summer reading and report writing. Elliott is fine tuning his Halo and Guitar Hero skills... I am still waiting on the finaly tally for the books I am selling online but we donated a bunch to our church and the Cancer Federation is coming tomorrow to pick up about 300 of them. Lucie is planning the Honors Celebration for a large group of girls at church Sunday night. After that, we are going to paint the family room.

No basketball for me tonight as our cruise friend is having her wedding rehearsal at the church. I told her we would play real quietly but I think she is afraid some of the people in the rehearsal would run over and play with me! ha ha Best wishes, Katie...

No comments: