Saturday, August 9, 2008

No Wii For Me

My friend Nick reminded me of the current cable company promotion that says new subscribers receive a free Wii game console. So I called up the company (for the second time today - see below) and asked about it. First, the rep said I was eligible since I had just signed up. Then she backed off of that and said I was NOT eligible since I was already a subscriber! I told her that their company was the only cable TV provider in the area, how could I not have been a previous customer? She tried to assure me I was a valued customer and yada, yada, yada but I told her I was not impressed.

We are heading to the beach later today so I called the cable company again and asked if I could return the box that doesn't work to a cable place down there since our local one is in the opposite direction. Nope, can't do that as the boxes are configured differently. While I had the rep on the phone, I asked her if and when I do get the right box, will it work as soon as I hook it up? "Sure," she says. I told her last night the rep said I had to wait till Friday. So she digs around and finally says that the tech that is coming out Friday has to activate the digital channels and she can't do it any sooner or it will mess up the phone switching schedule so I am out of luck.

I need a day at the beach after this...

1 comment:

Nick said...

Well that sucks. I think new triple play subscribers would mean someone who hasn't had triple play before but I guess they can't give
Them away easily.