Friday, August 29, 2008

Michelangelo Who?

What a day of painting we had yesterday. First we painted one wall in the living room a darker color. Then started on the family room. That room has a very steep, angled ceiling so I got on the rickity ladder, next to the top step, and managed to tape it off and do the trim painting all the way across and down. We painted the ceiling (it had wet tennis ball marks where Elliott had played catch off of it like Jack Nicholson in The Shining...) and the walls. It went pretty well actually except for the time when my right hand didn't know what my left was doing and while I was rolling paint with the one hand, the other was pouring paint out of the tray onto the carpet. Of course in that area I did not have any plastic down so I spent the next 30 minutes mopping up paint and shampooing the carpet. But I got it all and it is fine. My back is killing me today from arching it while trying to keep my balance on the ladder. And a night of basketball too. But I am sure after a few minutes of putting on the second coat later today, the fumes will clear my back pain right up.

The kids are off from school today so we will get them into the action.

I got a follow up call today on the job I am pursuing. They had some more details about the position and will start interviews next week.

No comments: